Parmesan Roasted Carrot Fries
Easter is coming up and that has got me thinking about carrots and these parmesan roasted carrot fries are a great way to enjoy carrots! Potato ‘french’ fries are a staple pretty much everywhere, and with good reason, with that crispy outside and silky smooth inside, they are simply irresistible! Sweet potato fries are becoming more popular these days and carrot fries are just as good! Carrots are pretty easy to turn into fries, you just need to get some large ones, peel them and slice them into sticks before frying them! Of course you can deep fry them, and they are amazing deep fried, but you can also roast them, which keeps them a little lighter.
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4 in thick ‘fries’
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- Gently toss the carrot fries in the oil, salt and pepper, sprinkle on the cheese and mix to coat before spreading on them in a single layer on a silicon mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Roast in a a preheated 425F/220C oven until tender and lightly charred, about 16-20 minutes, mixing half way through.
- Note: I use a mandolin to easily slice the carrots into fries.
- Option: Serve with chipotle mayo! (1/2 cup mayo and 1-2 chipotle chilies in adobe pureed in a food processor with an optional splash of lime juice.)