Lazy Day Salsa
This perfectly scoopable Lazy Day Salsa is a classic tomato salsa that is whipped up in a flash (no chopping required). It is speckled with bits of onion, garlic, and cilantro for an extra freshness. This salsa is so easy you can make it in 10 minutes (it takes me 5) . The best part is, you can add it to left over chicken, burgers, casseroles and viola you have the perfect left over dinner.
- 1/4 medium white onion, peeled
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos (from a can) OR 1 medium fresh jalapeno, stem removed and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Hunt’s fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
- 1/2 fresh lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Add onion, jalapeno and garlic to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the bits are your desired size, about 5 or 6 times. Open cover, scrape down sides. Add remaining ingredients, pulse 1 or 2 times to combine.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately or transfer to a pint jar and store in the refrigerator. It becomes even more flavorful the next day.