Keto Bread Rolls
A healthy low carb bread roll made with almond flour. The ingredients come together quickly, and form light and airy bread rolls. They almond flour browns quickly, so these will look done before they actually are. Be sure to keep them in the oven for the full recommended baking time so they have time to dry out inside.
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 5 tablespoons psyllium husks whole, not powdered
- 1 tablespoon Monk Fruit Sweetener or powdered sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cup boiling water
- sesame seeds to top, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add almond flour, psyllium husk, baking powder, sweetener, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add egg whites, vinegar, and boiling water, and begin stirring. The mixture will seem too watery at first, but continue mixing for about 3 minutes. The psyllium husk will absorb the water and the dough will become thick.
- Split the dough into 6 portions, and add in mounds to a baking tray. They do not have to be perfect. The dough will be difficult to roll into balls, but just mounds are okay! Top with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Test the consistency of 1 roll at 50 minutes, and if the bread seems on the wet side inside, leave them in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool, and store wrapped tight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months.