Easy Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound zucchini trimmed and sliced thin lengthwise
- 9 ounces fresh spinach chopped
- 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces parmesan
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 24 ounces marinara
- 12 ounces part-skim mozzarella
- 12 ounces gluten free lasagna noodles cooked according to package directions
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and spray with oil. Season zucchini strips with salt and pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes. (The cooking time will vary according to how thinly you slice your zucchini.) Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray the pan again and add the spinach. Cook until the spinach wilts. Transfer to a plate lined with a clean towel and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan, egg, garlic, basil, parsley and crushed red pepper. Stir in spinach and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat a 13 x 9 casserole dish with cooking spray and spread 1/2 cup of the Marinara on the bottom. Top with a layer of noodles, a layer of zucchini, 1/2 of the ricotta mixture and mozzarella. Spread 1/3 of the remaining marinara and repeat the layers. End with a layer of noodles, marinara and remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes prior to serving.
This article and recipe adapted from site